How you can help:
- Clients and their family members are encouraged to make voluntary, anonymous contributions to help offset the cost of the services we provide to them.
- The Senior Center also encourages financial contributions from individuals, churches, civic clubs, businesses, and foundations.
- As a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organizations, contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our federal tax ID number is 54-0958526.
- Contributions are accepted for general operating support that provides the Senior Center with the greatest flexibility in using donated funds.
- Contributions can also be made for a designated purpose, either a specific senior center or program, e.g. Meals on Wheels, or for services provided in the communities we serve.
- The Staunton Senior Center and its parent organization, the Valley Program for Aging Services, participate in the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign. Our Charity Code is 3822. Our expense rate is 5%.
- VPAS receives support from the United Way of Greater Augusta, and designations may be made as VPAS – Staunton Senior Center to this United Way.
- VPAS participates in the Virginia Neighborhood Assistance Program. The NAP provides Virginia tax credits for certain donations at 40% of the value of the donation.
- VPAS has two endowment funds at the Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge, P.O. Box 815, Staunton, Virginia 24402-0815, (540) 213-2150.
- VPAS accepts donations of stock. Our broker is Don Hashagen at Edward Jones, 1835 Rosser Avenue, Waynesboro, Virginia 22980, (540) 946-4888. It is our policy is to sell donated stock upon receipt.
If you are interested in making a donation, please designate the purpose of your donation on your check or in a note, and mail your check to VPAS, PO Box 817, Waynesboro, Virginia 22980.