A nutritious, healthy meal is served at the Center Monday through Friday at 11:30 a.m., with occasional scheduled closings for holidays, field trips, etc. Click here to see this month’s menu.
Who may come for lunch?
Older adults who:
- Are 60 years or older and reside in the City of Staunton or western Augusta County.
- Are able to take care of his or her own personal needs.
- Complete the paperwork needed to become a member after two visits.
What does the lunch program provide?
- A variety of hot and cold meals consisting of protein, vegetables, fruit, bread, milk, and dessert. (**The menu provides foods for a regular diet only. Special diets such as diabetic, renal, and vegetarian are not available.)
- Social contact and interaction with other members and staff.
How much does lunch cost?
There is no charge for lunch to Center members; however, voluntary contributions are accepted and encouraged according to one’s financial ability. Contributions support the operation of the lunch program. All contributions are voluntary, private, and confidential.
Lunch for guests who are under 60 years old (or are over 60 but have not completed membership paperwork after two visits) costs $4 each day.
How do I sign up for lunch?
It is best to call ahead if you do not come to the Center for the day, but would like to participate in lunch. You may make reservations for lunch by calling 540-886-4634 by 10:15 a.m. the day BEFORE you want to come for lunch.