Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Who: Class size requires a minimum of 10 participants
- When: Classes usually take place each fall and spring. Stay tuned to this website for information.
- Where: Contact Lori Pullin at 540-886-4634 for information.
- Description: This six-week workshop is designed to lower the stress associated with chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, etc. Participants will learn a variety of necessary day-to-day management skills needed to maintain and/or increase life’s activities. Pre-registration is required.
- Call 886-4634 to register your interest in participating.
SSC offers diverse and interesting classes for Center members. Classes take place in the Center and are led by faculty or community persons who are experts in their field. There are no exams or grades, just a sharing with others in the interest of learning.
Previous classes offered included “Creating with Colored Pencils,” and “Butterflies – Let’s Wing It.”
If you have an idea for a class you’d like to participate in, call Lori Pullin at 540-886-4634 to make your suggestion. We will do our best to organize the class.