Information and Assistance
A professional and experienced Case Manager handles phone requests for assistance from older adults, caregivers, professionals, and others. This might include a home assessment to determine what types of services might be best to meet the older adult’s needs.
The In-Home Assessment
The assessment may cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Daily activities
- Feelings, moods, and emotions
- Health conditions
- Housing arrangements
- Nutritional needs
After the assessment
After the initial assessment, the Case Manager arranges specific services to meet the individual needs of the older adult.
Services and referrals may include:
- Meals on Wheels for nutritious meals delivered to the home by a volunteer.
- Staunton Senior Center for nutritious meals, social interaction with other older adults, physical activity, and stimulating programs to prevent isolation.
- Counseling services to assist with paying bills and managing a checking account.
- Home repair and modification to accommodate physically challenged older adults. This could include the construction of a wheelchair ramp to provide easier access into the home or repairs to a deteriorating home to make the environment safer.
- In-home Personal Care to assist with taking a bath and personal grooming.
- Adult Day Health Care for structured activity, socialization, medication management in a supportive, therapeutic environment.
- Plans to relocate to another, more suitable living environment or install devices and equipment in the home for safety.
- Determining eligibility for and benefits from Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, Social Security, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Information and Assistance is available to persons 60 years and older. There is no charge for Information and Assistance, though some direct services may have a sliding fee depending on income level.
Voluntary and confidential contributions are always accepted and appreciated.
For more information about Information & Assistance, please contact David Taylor at 540-885-4568 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.